When participating in any SHEzone program, workshop, outing, event or activities* it is implied that you have read and understood and accepted SHEzone terms and conditions (below) and will abide by them. *The term “activity” will be used throughout this document to refer to courses, activities and/or events.
1. PAYMENT You can either pay using our Paypal link when available directly on our website or you can pay by bank transfer. Payment for any activity is due at least 5 working days before planned date unless otherwise stated on the activity sales page on our website. Payments can be made by bank transfer to the SHEzone account stating your “name”, the “date” and " type" of activity for which you are making the payment but you must first email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure spots are still available. A confirmation of receipt will be sent. If you have not paid in advance, SHEzone reserves the right to attribute your place to another participant.
Bank Transfer details Bank: BCV Nyon Account: Z 5273.88.39 IBAN: CH78 0076 7000 Z527 3883 9 BIC (Swift): BCVLCH2LXXX SHEzone Jannerfeldt Ch. du Pré du Puits 16C 1273 Arzier
2. INSURANCE It is the responsibility of all participants to make sure that they have adequate insurance cover for participation in all activities that are to be undertaken. This should include health, hospitalization, and personal possessions. In addition, and especially in the case of activities taking place in the mountains, this should include helicopter rescue and repatriation in case of an emergency. Participants are responsible for arranging their own transport to the meeting location, though SHEzone may facilitate carpooling, and ensure that they are adequately insured for passengers.
3. REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION POLICY For Day Adventures If SHEzone postpones the activity you booked due to insufficient participant numbers or weather conditions not making it safe to maintain the activity, you will be given priority to register for the same activity on another date. If SHEzone cancels the activity you booked due to insufficient participant numbers or weather conditions not making it safe to maintain the activity, you will be fully refunded. Cancellations are accepted up to 4 working days prior to the activity. The latter are entitled to a refund unless otherwise specified at the time of registration or on the sales page. If you can no longer take part to the activity you signed up to, you must notify us. In case you must cancel your participation due to a medical reason, you will be fully refunded upon presentation of a valid medical certificate.
For Multi-day Adventures and our Unplugged Retreats If SHEzone postpones the activity you booked due to insufficient participant numbers or weather conditions not making it safe to maintain the activity, you will be given priority to register for the same activity on another date. If SHEzone cancels the activity you booked due to insufficient participant numbers or weather conditions not making it safe to maintain the activity, you will be fully refunded. Cancellations are accepted up to 14 working days prior to the activity or otherwise stated on the sales page. In the case of our Unplugged Retreats, no refunds are offered but it is possible to transfer your registration to someone else. Deadlines and conditions for transfers are stipulated on the specific sales page. In case you must cancel your participation due to a medical reason, you will be fully refunded upon presentation of a valid medical certificate.
4. SAFETY & EQUIPMENT The safety and wellbeing of all participants attending our activities is a priority for us. We reserve the right to change all activities, venues and travel arrangements subject to weather or any other unforeseen circumstances that pose a risk. Participants must ensure that they have appropriate clothing and equipment for the activity they have chosen to participate in. Advice is provided prior to the activity and can be requested if necessary.
5. RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK Participants acknowledge that they intend to participate in an organized activity with SHEzone and that they are physically fit for the activity they have chosen. Participants accept that during the activity they will experience special conditions particular to being outdoor and/or in the mountains, e.g. altitude, different terrain and weather patterns.
Participants acknowledge that hiking, rock climbing, snowshoeing and other outdoor activities organized through SHEzone are hazardous activities with the risk of serious injury or death and accept all associated risks. Participants authorise SHEzone to arrange for any appropriate basic first aid if necessary should they need medical attention during any activity. Neither SHEzone nor any of its third-party partners will be made liable for any illness, injury or death that occur during our organised activities. In consideration of, and as payment for the right to take part in such activities arranged for participants by SHEzone, they have and hereby assume all the associated risks and will hold them harmless from any liability, actions, causes of action, debts, claims and demands of every kind and nature whatsoever which they now have or which may arise out of or in connection with their participation in any activities arranged for participants by SHEzone. The terms here shall serve as a release and assumption of risk for participants heirs, executors and administrators and for all members of their family, including any minors accompanying them.
Participants authorize SHEzone to use all photographic and video material taken for the SHEzone’s use.
These terms and conditions and all SHEzone activities and products shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, Swiss law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Swiss Courts of the Canton of Vaud.