1. WHO WE ARE SHEzone ( also referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ from now on) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
We are a based in Switzerland. Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person for the organisation is Charlaine Jannerfeldt, and we can be contacted at Chemin du Pré-du-Puits, 1273 Arzier, Switzerland.
2. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT SHEzone processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
Information we collect from you: Identification and contact data: name, contact details, user name, location (country), mobile telephone number (for in-person events only)
Financial information: Credit card details, payment information
IT information: IP address, cookie data
Personal interests or preferences: Purchase history, social media profile information
We collect information in the below ways: - Via online forms; - When you purchase a programme, workshop, product or service and sign up via the platform we are using; - When you sign up for one of our freebies.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA SHEzone takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: - We collect your personal data to send you information you requested, either in person, by email or through filling out a form asking for more details about a programme or service. - We collect and store your personal data as part of a contract or to provide a service that you have chosen to purchase or that has been given to you by someone else.
4. YOUR RIGHTS You have the right to access any personal information that SHEzone processes about you and to request information about: - What personal data we hold about you; - The purposes of the processing; - The categories of personal data concerned; - The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed; - How long we intend to store your personal data for; - If we did not collect the data directly form you, information about the source; If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use. If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
5. SHARING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. SHEzone works with a third-party to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
MAILCHIMP We work with Mailchimp, whose legal name is The Rocket Science Group LLC, to store your email address and name ONLY if you have signed up for information or purchased a programme or product, so that we can send you emails and keep track of the outings, products, programmes and blog posts you’ve shown interest in. If you’d like to read their privacy notice, you can find it here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
6. CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING YOUR DATA You are not obligated to provide your personal information to SHEzone, however, as this information is required for us to communicate with you about new offers, outings, products and programmes you may have purchased, we will not be able to offer some/all of our products or services without it.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR SHEzone only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under Swiss tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
8. PROMOTIONS AND OFFERS Occasionally SHEzone would like to contact you with details of the outings, products, programs, offers, blog posts, collaborations, general musings and other potential opportunities that we provide to work together. If you consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options available at the bottom of every email or by contacting SHEzone directly.
9. LODGING A COMPLAINT SHEzone only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.