3. Les Mélèzes de Balavaud
250 old larches looking ablaze in the pasture above Nendaz, Valais (Isérables). It's in mid-October that the golden color is the most intense.
* TIP: Head out mid-afternoon to view the larches in the warm afternoon sun that accentuates their colour.
4. Le sentier des Châtaignes
Between forest and the vineyards, hiking the Sentier des Châtaignes between Bursins & Luins lets you enjoy the coloured foliage, heavy grapes before the harvest, and golden colours reflecting on the lake.
* TIP: Pack an autumn picnic and enjoy it at the covered Refuge du Devens.
What's your favourite autumn hike?
Chief Experience Officer
Welcome to the blog where I share strategies, tricks and tips on how to make adventuring in the outdoors part of your Swiss experience
- What's the difference between a walk and a hike?
- 6 tips to buy the right snowshoes
- How to retreat your waterproof gear
- Low-cost backpacking gear hacks